Repairing MySQL tables that will not open
This should be handled on a case by case basis, but if you are using the default MySQL table type of MyISAM (which is the default storage engine unless changed or specified differently) here are a few options:
- The myisamchk utility can be run from a command line to checks, repairs, or optimizes tables. It is normally run while the database is not running. For more information about myisamchk visit the MySQL website.
- mysqlcheck is similar in function to myisamchk, but can be run while the database is running. For more information about
mysqlcheck visit the MySQL website.
- If you login to the database, you can also run sql commands that might fix your problem.
mysql> optimize table your-tablename;
mysql> analyze table your-tablename;
mysql> repair table your-tablename;
For more information about
table maintenance SQL visit the MySQL website.
- If you are getting MySQL error numbers and are not sure what they are. From a command line you can use the perror utility to lookup errors. For more info on perror visit the MySQL website.
shell> perror 13 64
Error code 13: Permission denied
Error code 64: Machine is not on the network
Was this answer helpful?
A handy little Linux application called mytop fits this just perfectly. This is a near-time...
1. Copying from the mysql directoryBy default, MySQL databases on servers that use Linux are...
Due to differing needs and requirements this is difficult to answer except on a case by case...
How to install Mysql Via RPM : Please check the following link and get RPM...
[mysql dir]/bin/mysql -h hostname -u root -p Create a database on the sql server. create...